How-to Install and Set Up Smart Bro Canopy Wireless Internet on your PC

The Smart Bro team arrived at my apartment a few days ago after over two months of my PLDT canopy application. I really thought I applied for PLDT DSL Canopy. But there is no such thing as PLDT DSL Canopy. I realized what the sales agent suggested was the Smart Bro Canopy under PLDT, the 1,299 Home Plan, an unlimited access of wireless broadband Internet and unlimited landline local calls from PLDT. So I’ve got one wireless Internet connection and one PLDT landline connection. Smart Communications and PLDT Company are two companies that merged.

Anyway, what I am going to show you now is how the installers installed the canopy (the modem antenna) on top the roof and how they set up the Internet on my computer.

I don’t have images to show you because the installation was too quick I’ve forgotten to wake my best friend Sony (Cybershot) up. So there one installer brought the canopy modem with some tools and wires.

The installer placed the canopy somewhere on the roof, an area where it doesn’t block the signals from the trees. An area near the lightposts on the streets with the big wires that seem to be from electric power companies and PLDT.

Another installer put some gadget under my window outside with the cables and iron rods. After installing them, he came here in my room to begin the ceremonial set up of Smart Bro Canopy for HP Compaq Presario running on Windows Vista Home Basic. Here it goes:

1. Goes to Network sharing Center and click manage Network Connections from the left of the screen.


2. Then right clicks on the Local area Connection and clicks Properties.


3. Configures the Local Area Network properties.


4. Goes to this address to configure the settings of the canopy: http://169.254.1.1/


After configuring the canopy settings, a Smart Bro page appears where it requires to enter the service reference number and the account number. After entering the right numbers, a page appears again below the screen where it requires the installer’s username and password. He then calls someone from Smart Communications Manila to activate my account. Then Dyaran! My Smart Bro canopy wireless Internet broadband is installed. That’s why I’m here talking to you now. hehe. :-)

I’m connected 60 minutes an hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year. And I’ll do that double because this contract is locked up for two years. Yay!

So that’s it. Hope I did give you some little knowledge on how installers set up the Smart Bro canopy wireless Internet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment