Ubiquiti’s; Bullet2 and Bullet5

Images Courtesy of Metrix.Net
I’m sure it’s no surprise to anyone following the saga, but we’ve been extremely conservative in forecasting the arrival of the new Ubiquiti products based on this years delivery of Nanostations. Optimistic folks have been predicting that these will ship in mid December, and we’ve stuck to our story that they will not ship until December 31st at the earliest.

Today, a small handful of Bullet2 and Bullet5s showed up at Metrix. My guess is that this is Ubiquiti’s attempt at a confidence builder, and a sneak preview of what’s coming. Unfortunately, my confidence is still low that we’ll be getting these backorders out before the end of the year. I also learned today that these do not come with PoE injectors or power supplies.


I had noticed the omission on the specs, so I’m not all that surprised. It is disappointing though. Since we do not have a part number for ubnt poe, I’ll be adding some generic injectors and power supply units to the store in the next few days. They’re not standard 802.3af, and can take at maximum 23V, so do not use 48V PoE with these.


As of right now, expect Bullets, Locos and Picos to ship at the end of the calendar year. I have heard that Routerstations have been pushed until ’sometime in January’. I have no solid estimate on the SR71s.

Because you all love the take-aparts, here’s some shots of the Bullets side by side. The funny wrench is a lens spanner. Don’t use vice-grips. They’re the wrong tool for every job.

Via Digdice.Com @ Metrix.Net

0 comments:

Post a Comment