Smart Bro Sucks?

Guest Post By Jehzlau


If you’re looking for Smart Bro reviews before applying for a Smart Broadband connection, you probably have landed to several blogs and forums and read a lot of negative reviews from 99% of unsatisfied Smart Bro subscribers nationwide. Complaining, complaining and complaining because of the super high-speed connection that Smart Bro provides them. Well, I’m not complaining because I love Smart Bro.

Smart Bro does not offer high-speed broadband connection, but a super damn slow internet connection that goes on and off. I love Smart Bro because it keeps me awake and wait for it to go up again if it goes down. If it’s disconnected, I’ll just click diagnose and windows will detect what’s the error. If windows cannot detect the error, I’ll click diagnose again until my Smart Bro internet connection will come back to life for a few minutes. But after a few minutes of glorious web browsing and enjoying the miraculous connection, my browser will suddenly notify me that the “Page Cannot be Displayed” because Smart Bro died again. So I’ll do that “diagnose” routine again, then I’ll go back online, then offline, then online again! Is that amazing? I bet it is!

My Smart Bro connection happily fluctuates and I’m so satisfied by its performance. And oh… I would like to say again that I’m not complaining about Smart Bro. Actually, I would like to commend them for their excellent service! If you’re curious why my post title is “Smart Bro Sucks”, it was purely ironic. I just want to get some traffic for people who were searching for Smart Bro negative reviews, that’s why my post title was “Smart Bro Sucks”. But they don’t suck, they RULE! Smart Bro is the number one broadband internet connection provider in the Philippines! (Sarcastically speaking).

If you get disconnected, just reconnect it again. If you can’t connect again, you can call their friendly Tech Support to help troubleshoot your internet connection. If nothing happens, just be patient. Your connection will eventually come back after a few days (or weeks). All you need to do is relax and be very very patient.

Want to know more why Smart Bro Sucks? Then read this post!

Are you using SMART Broken? I mean.. Smart Bro? And you can’t connect to the Internet? If so, you can try these tips from Kate (A former Smart Tech Support who left a comment below):
FIRST TIP: Check your IP Address (Smart Bro’s IP address is in the series of 192)
Your IP should not be static.

For 192 series who can’t connect to the internet or browse any website:
1. Open the command prompt and have a ping test;
1A. ping test for gateway: 10.0.0.1
1B. ping test for wireless gateway: 192.168.224.1
2. Check the proxy settings: All of the boxes should have no check.
3. Clear all private data (e.g.: cookies, files, browsing history)

If you still can’t connect to the internet try these:
» Restart your PC and unplug the POE/Motorola adaptor for about 30 seconds, then plug it back.
» Check your IP and try to browse if it works.

SECOND TIP: If your IP address is on series 169:
1. Disable/Enable LAN
2. If your IP is still in 169 series, restart your PC and unplug/plug POE/Motorola adaptor for about 30seconds.
3. Check the IP address
4. Check the cable if it’s properly connected
5. Check the proxy settings
6. Try to browse again.

If you’re so tired in doing those stuff again and again and still you can’t connect to the internet call Smart Bro’s Hotline at *1888 so that Smart Bro can check the parameters of your antenna from the Base Station.

Have patience, don’t be mad about the service. These are just machines built by human hands so it’s not perfect same as human beings. Simple but it makes sense.

If you still have concerns, just make a follow up about it by calling Smart Bro’s Hotline at *1888.

Peace!
For more Smart Bro reviews and subscriber testimonies, visit on to Smart-Bro.net to view the comprehensive list of awesome Smart Bro reviews!

Update February 13, 2009: Smart Bro Improved their Speed. This is my new Smart Bro Speed Test Result based on Speedtest.net, a whooping 0.10 MBPS! That was fast! Congrats Smart Bro and thanks for upgrading my Internet Connection Speed!


Update May 28, 2009: Smart Bro Improved their Speed. This is my new Smart Bro Speed Test Result based on Speedtest.net, a whooping 0.39 MBPS! Hoping to reach 0.50 MBPS by next year. Hehe


Update October 5, 2010: Smart called me and asked if I still have problems with my Internet connection. So far, my Smart Bro is working just fine and my connection is very stable, but it’s very slow. If I watch 1-minute video in YouTube, I need to wait for 4 to 5 minutes for it to buffer. Imagine how annoying is that.

Here’s my latest speed test result from Speedtest.net


August 10, 2011 UPDATE: After using Smart Bro for more than 3 years now, It’s still safe to say that they suck. My internet speed is now slower than everrrrrr!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment