Wi-Tribe Philippines; The New 4G WiMAX Broadband


Just read an article about a new broadband service just launched recently by Liberty Broadcasting Network Incorporated in partnership between San Miguel Corporation and Qtel Group). It uses 4G technology called WiMAX or Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access that provides wireless transmission of data using a variety of transmission modes. Its introductory price is Php998 per month with up to 1Mbps bandwidth. It uses a Wi-Tribe BOOM 4G Broadband Modem a Motorola device “MOTOWI4 CPEi 150″ Home Modem.


The Motorola CPE home modem "MOTOW14 CPEi 150" is also used by Clear 4G Network in U.S. an ISP for highspeed wireless broadband similar to Wi-Tribe in the Philippines.

Currently, it is still being offered in Metro Manila only. For further information and details you may check their website here –> http://www.wi-tribe.ph

You might want to check the positive feedback, I have a previous post about personal review of Wi-Tribe. On the other hand below is the opposite, taken from subscriber's negative opinion only.

From: KIKO

DONT EVEN WASTE YOUR TIME WITH WI-TRIBE. After more than 10 days since date of purchase, and after having done all the troubleshooting by their tech support, here is my email to them.

Hello Wi-Tribe,

Yesterday, May 12, 2010, Mr. TATS of your technical support visited my wi-tribe unit in Malabon and made some troubleshooting. I believe you have his report by this time, that I have 4 to 5 bars lit on my modem. I had to bring the modem to my house in Mindanao Avenue, Novaliches to test the connection further. But until 11:30 pm of that same day, my connection even got worse, speedtest.net won’t even push through (how can i even send you the images of my ping, speedtest and tracert).

That’s it for me. I am done with your LOUSY SERVICE. I am now TERMINATING our business transaction. I am demanding a FULL REFUND. Return to me the amount of Nine Hundred Ninety Eight Pesos (Php998) and I will return your modem. Or you can spend more than 998 filing lawsuits. Unless you can guarantee that you can fix this intermittent connection problem by Monday, May 17, 2010.
If you have any comments about negative and positive feedback, ideas or personal concerned you would like to add in this article feel free to add your messages in the box corner below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment